The Ohio Venture Association provides a forum for the exchange of ideas on entrepreneurship and approaches to venture development in the region.
OVA brings together from public, private, academic and government activities individuals interested in nurturing the development of new, young, small companies. The sole purpose of OVA is to stimulate the interchange of ideas and information on activities of others related to entrepreneurial endeavors.
The primary activity of OVA is to conduct luncheon programs designed to:
- Introduce members to each other and promote dialogue among them;
- Present speakers on subjects of importance in venture development;
- Offer an opportunity to selected companies, which seek venture capital or management support, to describe their businesses.
OVA also maintains a directory of members, publishes a monthly newsletter, and maintains this website.
The Ohio Venture Association is a private, non-profit association that meets on the second Friday of the month (except July and August) at The Union Club in Cleveland, Ohio. Meetings include lunch, networking, Company Showcase presentations by entrepreneurs and others, and a speaker on topics ranging from venture capital to growth strategies. OVA also sponsors an annual Venture Capital Summit and the Venture of the Year Award.
Members may also support college and university entrepreneurship programs by participating as a guest lecturer and by supporting student entrepreneurial activities.
- Participate in monthly networking opportunities
- Learn from successful entrepreneurs
- Expose others to your product or service
- Identify types and sources of financing
- Ask for advice on how to manage your business
- Get answers to your business questions
- Meet people actively involved in growing businesses and in dealmaking
- Hear business strategies that you can apply in your own business
Entrepreneurs can also make a presentation as part of the Company Showcase program.
For more information about OVA membership, fill out the form below or call the Club Administrator, M. Joan McCarthy, 216-566-8884.